Who We Are
Travel Best Bets was founded by travel expert, Claire Newell, in 1993 with the sole purpose of offering consumers superior customer service, travel selection and the best value at the lowest prices guaranteed on travel and travel related products. Today, Travel Best Bets has grown into one of Canada’s largest independent travel companies. Our headquarters and call centre is located in Burnaby, and our two retail locations are located in Kitsilano and Langley. Our team is majority women, management is always approachable, and we have an incredibly supportive office culture!
Who You Are
You are a people-person with excellent communication skills and never-ending patience. You are very detail oriented, comfortable with public speaking and competent with computers. This position requires a go-getter who will go above and beyond to recruit and support the very best applicants for our programs. We are constantly growing, so if you are excited to help Travel Best Bets expand then this is the perfect role for you. Bonus if you love travel and event planning!
What You’ll Do
You will oversee the implementation, promotion and registration for both the Travel Best Bets Connected Agent Program (CAP), under the direction of the Connected Agent Manager, as well as Travel Best Bets Academy (TBBA).
The job will include (but is not limited to) the following:
- Recruit new agents for CAP & students for TBBA
- Set up & logistics for monthly recruitment sessions, will likely include:
- Scout and secure location for events on a given date
- Promotion (in assistance to the marketing manager)
- Coordination and follow up with the RSVPs
- Post-event follow up and registration promotion
- Initial ‘set-up’ with of each new outside agent (after contract signed & the registration fee is processed.
- Administration & coordination of year-round training & motivation programs for the CAP team
- Be on-call to help CA’s & TBBA students trouble-shoot any problems that may arise
- Overall assistance as projects and problems arise
- Related university degree
- Event planning experience
- Travel industry experience
- Assistant experience
- Sales experience
- IT experience
$25 for each CA & each TBBA Student who signs up & pays the ‘full amount’.
Permanent, Full time
If you’re interested, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please let us know what experience you have that would make you a good candidate for this position.